The City of Flemingsburg is a small rural city nestled in the North Eastern hills of Kentucky surrounded by rolling farm land and hillsides boasting of orange, red, yellow and green. The area has become home to many Amish and Mennonite families because of the rich and fertile land. Flemingsburg takes pride in our beautiful city with brick paved sidewalks and acorn shaped lamps. It is reminiscent of times gone by and a simpler way of life. We also take pride in our citizens who will welcome you with a smile.
As of October 20, 2020, changes to our policy are as follows:
- A disconnection date for all unpaid utility bills has been set as Tuesday November 24, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. To avoid disconnection, the account must either be paid in full or a payment agreement must be signed by November 20, 2020.
- We will be glad to work with all customers who may need a payment agreement on charges accumulated between February 28, 2020 and October 25, 2020.
- Customers desiring a payment agreement must come in the office by November 20, 2020 to fill out and sign the agreement.
- Payment agreements will be a fixed monthly payment on the amount in the arrears, plus your current bill. Customers will be offered a Default payment agreement based on a 6-month payment plan.
If your account has a balance of $300, your 6-month payment plan will be $50 a month. If your current bill is $60 a month, you will be required to pay a total of $110.00 for the month.
- Customers will be required to pay the current bill due when signing the payment agreement.
- When a customer fails to pay the payment agreement and current bill by the due date, the account will be disconnected for non-payment, and the full payment will be required to be re-connected.
- Flemingsburg Utilities will not make phone calls to remind customers of their payment agreements being due. The customer has the full responsibility to ensure they make their payment.
- There will be no late fees applied to customers accounts through December 31, 2020. This does not relieve any future late fees that may be incurred after December 31, 2020.
The governor created a new payment assistance program that customers can apply for, the Healthy at Home Utility Relief fund. Other noted assistance programs include the team Kentucky fund, Salvation Army, United Way, Kentucky Low Income Home Energy Assistance program, and the home energy assistance programs by the Community Action Kentucky (Licking Valley).
Customers can make payments with the following options:
- Coming into our office during office hours.
- Online at flemingsburgky.org (Pay my utility bill here located on the right hand side of the page)
- Calling our office (606)845-2021 or (606)845-5951 during office hours.
- Mail your bill to Flemingsburg Utilities 140 West Electric Ave Flemingsburg, KY 41041. Please take into consideration that the Postal Service recommends allowing 12-15 days for mail delivery.
- Drop off at our Night Deposit located on the front of our building.
If you have any question, please contact us Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at (606) 845-2021 or (606) 845-5951.
Trick or Treat Guidelines for
Flemingsburg / Fleming County
Date: Thursday, October 29, 2020
Time: 5:00 pm to 7:00pm
The City of Flemingsburg will hold Door to Door Trick or Treat.
There will be No Trunk or Treat or Track or Treat due to social distancing guidelines.
We ask that those participating in passing out candy and those trick or treating abide by the following:
*Everyone passing out candy and trick or treating are required to wear a mask.
(Note: A Halloween mask does not count)
*Everyone passing out candy must also wear gloves.
*Candy in individual bags may be placed on a table for trick or treaters to pick up or you can get creative in how you distribute the candy.
*There should be a barrier between the person passing out candy and the trick or treater.
*Only trick or treat in your neighborhood or with close family members. Limit the number of places you visit as to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID.
*Only go to those houses which have a light on and respect those houses who do not.
*Parent are asked to use extreme caution when taken your children around.
*Note that: These guidelines are subject to change if there is an increase in CoVid-19 cases prior to Trick or Treat
*Please see the City Facebook post for guidelines from the Governor’s office.
THE FLEMINGSBURG CITY PARK DOWNTOWN AND THE PARK ON FOXSPRING AVE HAVE BEEN OPENED FOR THE PUBLIC TO USE. HOWEVER, WE NEED YOUR HELP IN KEEPING IT OPEN.
UNFORTUNATELY, WE DO NOT HAVE THE STAFF TO BE AT THE PARKS AT ALL TIMES. WE WILL SPRAY THE PARKS IN THE MORNINGS, BUT WE ASK THAT YOU PROTECT YOURSELF BY SPRAYING DOWN OR WIPING DOWN THE PLAYGROUND EQUIPMENT OR SHELTER HOUSE BEOFRE YOU OR YOUR CHILD USE IT. AND AFTER YOU USE IT, IF YOU WILL - TO HELP THE NEXT USERS.
WE ARE TRYING TO HELP OUR CITIZENS HAVE A PLACE TO GO PLAY, EXERCISE AND HAVE FUN. IT HAS BEEN A LONG 6 MONTHS OR SO.
WE WANT THIS TO WORK AS MUCH AS YOU DO, SO PLEASE HELP US HELP YOU! WEAR YOUR MASK IF OTHERS ARE THERE AND PLEASE PRATICE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
The City of Flemingsburg will reopen the ball field at Frank L. Newman Park on Monday, June 15th.
Teams wishing to use the ball field must reserve the field by coming to City Hall and requesting a time or times. City Hall is closed Saturday and Sunday, so weekends will be first-come, first-served.
Field time will be limited to 90 minutes per team per session.
Teams will not be allowed to use the field every day. We must share.
Teams must practice social distancing.
Only 10 players on the field at any time.
Only 1 adult to be on the field at any time. The adult coach must make sure that players have hand sanitizer and adequate water to drink.
These are the rules passed down to us by the Governor and the State Health Department. If you are seen violating these rules, your field time will be limited in the future.
We are trying to make sure all teams have equal time.
Effective Immediately- Due to current circumstances, the City of Flemingsburg will not be accepting recyclables. Thank you for your cooperation.