The City of Flemingsburg is a small rural city nestled in the North Eastern hills of Kentucky surrounded by rolling farm land and hillsides boasting of orange, red, yellow and green. The area has become home to many Amish and Mennonite families because of the rich and fertile land. Flemingsburg takes pride in our beautiful city with brick paved sidewalks and acorn shaped lamps. It is reminiscent of times gone by and a simpler way of life. We also take pride in our citizens who will welcome you with a smile.
The City Of Flemingsburg is accepting applications for a Water Treatment Plant Operator. Applicants must have a class II or III KY-DOW Water Treatment Certification License. Applications must be turned in to City Hall by 5:00 p.m. on August 17th.
The City of Flemingsburg will be accepting sealed bids on the following surplus property;
- 2006 4WD Regular Cab Chevrolet 1500 Pickup VIN# 3GCEK14X16G211225, Mileage 113K +/-
- 2008 4WD Regular Cab Chevrolet 1500 Pickup VIN# 1GCEK14C38Z213851, Mileage 90K +/-
- 1993 Ford Tractor Model 3930, 2WD, Hours 530 +/-
- 1968 Ditch Witch Trencher Model J20 Serial #29251
- Woods RM990 Pull Behind Mower 6 foot
- Bush Hog Pull Behind Finishing Mower 7 foot
- Western Snow Plow 9 foot with lights
- Western Snow Plow 9 foot without lights
- 2 Ton Wallace Gantry Hoist model S4T10-A10
- 4 Mastercraft LSR 225-60-R18 used tires
- 30-foot x 19 inch inside diameter steel casing pipe
All bids must be sealed and clearly marked on the outside of the envelope which items placing bids on. Sealed bids must be turned in to City Hall, 140 West Electric Ave, Flemingsburg, KY 41041 by Friday September 7th, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
FLEMINGSBURG SUMMER CLEAN-UP WEEK
The City of Flemingsburg will conduct its annual free trash collection service August 13-17. Customers may call City Hall (845-5951) to request a pick-up. This service is in addition to the normal weekly collection.
The following items will not be picked up by the City and are not to be placed at the curb or street for collection: Furniture, Appliances, Tires, Roofing Materials, Concrete, Construction Materials, Demolition Materials, Paint (unless already dried in the can), Batteries or Liquids.
Brush will be collected provided it is in bundles no longer than four (4) feet in length and two (2) feet wide and not exceeding 20 pounds. Tree limbs larger than our (4) inches in diameter will not be picked up. Carpet and carpet padding will also be collected and must be cut into four (4) foot sections, rolled or folded, and tied securely into bundles that do not exceed 20 pounds per bundle.
If you have any questions please call City Hall at 845-5951, Monday-Friday, 7:30am-6:00pm.